According to surveys and reports, the death rate as well as the number of people getting diagnosed with mouth or oral cancer is continually increasing every year. It is even estimated that more than 54,000 adults in the US will be diagnosed with oral and oropharyngeal cancer in 2021. Given this information, people should take care of their oral health more seriously.
Always practice good oral hygiene by visiting your dentist regularly. If you notice any of the signs and symptoms listed below, contact your doctor right away, as you may be experiencing the early warning indicators of mouth cancer.
- Development of white, red, or speckled patches inside the mouth.
- Frequent nosebleeds.
- Difficulty in speaking, chewing, swallowing, or moving the tongue and jaw.
- Persistent coughing.
- Persistent sores in the face, neck, or mouth that bleed and don’t heal easily.
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth.
- Something caught in throat.
- Unexplained numbness or loss of feeling in any area of the mouth, face, and neck.
- Swelling in the jaw or neck.
- Ear pain that doesn’t affect hearing.
- Chronic sore throat, hoarseness, or other vocal changes.
- Dentures hurt and fit poorly due to jaw swelling.
- Dramatic weight loss.
- Persistent bad breath.
Get in Touch With Pillar Dental Today!
Oral cancer in its late stage is difficult to treat. So, knowing its early signs and symptoms can help you get the medications you need before it’s too late. That said, you must visit your dentist at Pillar Dental regularly, so we can keep a close eye on anything that looks concerning. At Pillar Dental, we not only know the warning indicators of mouth cancer but also provide oral cancer screening and treatment.
So, if you have any reasons to believe that you might be dealing with mouth cancer or want to maintain good oral health, reach out to us. For questions or inquiries, feel free to contact us at (605) 271-4422 or visit our clinic at 5208 W 26th St., Sioux Falls, SD. Our friendly and reliable staff will be more than happy to answer any questions you have and assist you with your needs.